Charlottesville English as a Second Language (ESL) Program
The Charlottesville English as a Second Language Program:
- Provides English language instruction to non-native English speakers in the Charlottesville, VA area, with special emphasis on those in greatest need
- Assists students in being able to navigate within American society through both language instruction and cultural awareness
- Empowers students in their language learning by giving them language tools and learning strategies to use in acquiring English on their own
The Charlottesville ESL Program is:
- We offer both day and evening classes
- We offer low beginning to advanced levels; our classes address all language skill areas (speaking, listening, reading, and writing)
- Cost Effective
- We offer excellent instruction at low cost; scholarships are also available
We welcome volunteers!
The Adult Learning Center needs committed volunteers to help out in our GED and ESL (English as a Second Language) classrooms. Volunteers are needed for morning, afternoon and evening classes at the Adult Learning Center in the Frank Ix Building, and there are some opportunities at off-site locations as well.
Change a Life-Make a Difference! by volunteering to help adult students pass their GED or learn English.
If you would like more information about volunteering, please contact Cherry at (434) 245-2815.